Check Yummy Lummy’s latest post
Please visit my post at Yummy Lummy on my second work trip to Norfolk Island and check out what I ate.
I’m back after spending four days in Norfolk Island for work.
I’ve put on a couple of kilograms.
- Pork cutlet
- Iodised salt
- Black pepper
- Cos lettuce
- Red onion
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Queensland nut oil
- Cooking sherry
- Spring onions
- Vacuum seal pork cutlets.
- Cook the pork cutlets by sous vide at 54 °C for 75 minutes.
- Make a salad with mint leaves, chopped parsley, shredded cos lettuce, cross sliced red onion, sliced radish, cross sliced fennel, lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil.
- After sous vide cooking, dry the surface of a pork cutlet and sear in Queensland nut oil and butter.
- After searing remove the pork cutlet to rest and add chopped spring onions to the hot frypan along with some extra butter.
- Sauté the spring onions in the butter until the butter has clarified and then add in some cooking sherry.
- Cook off the sherry and add some cream to make a sauce.
- Cut off the rib bone of the pork cutlet and then slice the muscle.
- Plate up the salad, layer on the meat slices, and spoon on some sauce.