I had an extended day at work and I arrived home later than normal. All I wanted to do was quickly cook a piece of salmon. I’m now able to finish off some work from home.
- Salmon (middle fillet)
- Queensland nut oil (a few squirts)
- Mushrooms (three or four large ones)
- Spring onions (a bundle of about a dozen stalks, sliced thinly for about 5 cm worth)
- Butter (a knob, however big a knob is, don’t be rude)
- Cooking sherry (a dash)
- Cream (a small splash)
- Iodised salt (a good pinch)
- Ground black pepper (about half a teaspoon)
- Avocado (sliced cheeks)
- Rub Queensland nut oil over your piece of salmon.
- Season your salmon with a pinch of iodised salt rubbed over the surface of the salmon.
- Heat up a frypan and squirt in a little Queensland nut oil.
- Slice some mushrooms and spring onions and sauté in the frypan until they begin to soften.
- Make space in the frypan for the salmon and lay the salmon in the frypan skin side down.
- Put a lid on the frypan and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the salmon to a dinner plate to rest.
- Remove the lid from the frypan and add a small knob of butter to the mushrooms and spring onions and add a dash of cooking sherry and then stir through with a little cream to make a sauce.
- Serve the salmon with the mushroom sauce and some sliced avocado.
Thought of the day
Life is good. Death though can be a sweet release.
Please leave a comment