It was nice having some duck with my melted butter.
- Duck breast (just one, you don’t want to be greedy with breasts)
- Mushrooms (I bought about four small mushrooms and sliced them)
- Spring onions (I sliced about 5 cm worth of about 10 blades)
- Butter (A generous knob because I am a generous knob)
- Frozen peas and corn (About half a cup)
- Avocado (Sliced cheeks)
- Heat a frypan.
- Squirt in some Queensland nut oil.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms and spring onions until soft.
- Clear a bit of the frypan and lay the duck breast down skin side down.
- Put a lid on the frypan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the duck breast over and cook for another five minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the duck breast from the frypan and add the butter to the mushrooms and spring onions along with the frozen peas and corn.
- Cook until the peas and corn are warmed through.
- Serve the duck breast with the buttery mushroom sauce and the sliced avocado cheeks.
Thought for the day
I’m going to buy a whistle so I can start walking in the mornings again.