I was cooking dinner and received a telephone call from work.
I couldn’t not answer and the call came through after I had added some mushrooms and spring onions to a hot frypan. I could barely hear the caller so I couldn’t attend to a noisy frypan and induction hob while on the telephone.
The result was a burnt dinner. I did manage to fix it a little. It tasted okay.
- A slice of leftover lamb shoulder
- Two portobello mushrooms
- Some spring onions
- A knob of butter
- A splash of cream
- A splash of cooking sherry
- A cup of frozen peas and corn
- Heat up the frypan.
- Add a little Queensland nut oil.
- Chop the mushrooms and spring onions and toss into the frypan.
- Add in the cooking sherry.
- Put a lid on the frypan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer to reduce the mushroom water.
- Toss in the chopped leftover lamb and frozen vegetables and stir through.
- Add in the knob of butter and when it’s melted stir in the cream.
- Simmer the cream until it reduces and thickens.
I hate burning good food
Please leave a comment