Hmmm…It’s been a long and busy day. I didn’t get to spend it at hospital and I missed a dinner with a friend and her family.
By the time I left work all I could think of was some carbs.
- Fray Bentos Steak and kidney pie
- Frozen potato gems
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oven to 200 °C (392 °F).
- Remove the lid from the Fray Bentos tin and think fondly of the friend in South Australia who put me onto this amazing gift from the UK.
- Put the Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie into a baking tray because from past experience as the puff pastry puffs, pie juices ooze up and out and drip onto the bottom of the oven. Better in the baking tray than on the bottom of the oven.
- Tip some frozen potato gems onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Put the pie and gems into the oven and close the door.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and add some grated cheddar to the gems and put them back in the oven for 5 minutes while the pie rests.
- Pie the pie tin on a plate and add the cheesy gems next to the pie.
- Crack the puff pastry and squirt in some Worcestershire sauce.
- Grab a fork and enjoy the meal.
Simple yet delicious unsweetened yoghurt and some crushed pineapple.