It looks like I’ll be working every day for the foreseeable future.
Getting time to cook a roast was tricky. Fortunately, lamb doesn’t need to be cooked for a long time in the oven.
- Lamb rump
- Cos lettuce (shredded)
- Fennel (sliced)
- Red onion (sliced)
- Radish (sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Avocado cheeks (diced)
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Iodised salt
- Remove the meat from the plastic wrapper
- Place the meat on a rack over a baking tray and insert a meat thermometer.
- Heat an oven to 200 °C (392 °F) and until the internal temperature has reached 57 °C (134 °F) and then remove the meat from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Make a salad while the meat is resting.
- Carve the meat and set a couple of slices onto a dinner plate and serve with the salad.
- Put the rest of the meat away in the refrigerator for lunch meat.