I tell a lie. I didn’t smoke the salmon. My flat is filled with smoke but not from burning the salmon. The sky of Canberra is smoky because of the bushfires.
You won’t see anything green on my plate to keep the theme of burning and smokiness.
- Salmon fillet
- Queensland nut oil
- Iodised salt
- Portabella mushrooms
- Spring onions
- Slice the spring onions and mushrooms and toss them into a hot frypan with some Queensland nut oil.
- Add a splash of sherry to help moisten the mushrooms.
- Rub Queensland nut oil over the salmon fillet and then season it with iodised salt.
- Put the salmon skin side down in the frypan and add a lid for five minutes.
- After five minutes, turn the salmon over for a minute and add a knob of butter to the mushrooms.
- Plate up everything on a dinner plate and enjoy.