I’ve got a few pork sausages left in a packet I bought on the weekend as well as a couple of duck breasts which I cooked on Saturday evening.
I like a curry with coconut cream and this meal was pretty simple to make with a can of coconut cream. I always keep a can in the shelf of shame.
- Uncooked pork sausage
- Cooked duck breast (sous vide)
- Coconut cream
- Curry powder
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spring onions
- Lime juice
- Frozen baby green peas
- Slice the uncooked pork sausage
- Slice the cooked duck breast
- Dunk the can of coconut cream in some hot water to ensure it’s liquid in the can
- Slice the spring onions
- Slice the mushrooms
- Remove the juice from a lime
- In a hot frying pan sauté the spring onions and mushrooms plus the uncooked pork sausage.
- Add in a good amount of curry powder. Basically as much or as little as you want but note the coconut cream will dilute the flavour so if you like the flavours, add a little more.
- Stir the curry powder around with the spring onions, mushrooms, and sausage to ensure everything is coated in the curry powder and the fats and oil leaching out of the sausage help add to the curry slurry forming.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and frozen peas and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add in the duck breast slices and make sure the duck meat is coated in the curry slurry.
- Add the lime juice and get everything sizzling.
- Add the coconut cream and stir through and simmer to reduce.
- Serve in a bowl and eat with chopsticks and a spoon.