Hmmm…long day. I woke up at 2 am and didn’t get back to sleep.
- Queensland nut oil
- Black peppercorns
- Iodised salt
- Thyme leaves
- Rosemary leaves
- Spring onions
- Avocado cheek
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grind the salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary with a pestle and mortar.
- Slice the spring onions and mushrooms.
- Slice the avocado cheek.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat up a frying pan and sauté the spring onions and mushrooms.
- Rub some Queensland nut oil over the salmon and then season with the hand ground salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary.
- Add a splash of sherry to the mushrooms and spring onions and cook off the alcohol.
- Lay the salmon skin side down in the frying pan. Put the lid on and cook for five minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn over the salmon.
- Move the mushrooms and spring onions to a dinner plate.
- Remove the salmon after a minute and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the salmon into bite sized chunks.
- Serve with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and lime.
- Eat with chopsticks 🥢 to support Chinese Australians who are suffering from a business downturn associated with the outbreak of COVID-19 caused by SARS-COV-2.