I came home early today. I’ve got ManFlu. I went to bed last night feeling a little under the weather. I’d had a poor sleep the night before and I wasn’t sure if I had an infection or if I was just over tired.
I woke up this morning with a headache and while at work developed a sore throat, rhinorrhoea, and a cough. Now I feel febrile.
I reckon I’ll be working from home tomorrow.
- Chicken thigh and drumstick
- Baby green peas
- Cherry tomatoes
- Remove the femur from the thigh and the tibia and fibula from the drumstick.
- Put the bones in a plastic bag and freeze for future stock making.
- Flatten out the meat.
- Heat a frying pan on low and add some Queensland nut oil and a small knob of butter.
- Place the chicken into the frying pan skin side down and cook for 10 minutes moving regularly to prevent the chicken sticking to the frying pan.
- Add a floret or two of cauliflower.
- After 10 minutes turn the pieces of chicken over and add in some frozen baby green peas and cherry tomatoes.
- After 10 minutes remove the pieces of chicken and put them on a dinner plate and allow the meat to rest.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables on a plate.
I ate the meat with chopsticks 🥢 in support of Chinese Australians who are having a rough time because some ignorant people don’t understand the biology of SARS-CoV-2 infection and that you won’t get COVID-19 by eating in a Chinese restaurant.