Happy Canberra Day. It’s Monday, I have salmon for dinner.
- Salmon fillet skin on
- Red capsicum
- Green capsicum
- Red onion
- Whole black peppercorns
- Queensland nut oil
- Leftover gravy from last night’s tea
- Cut a couple of asparagus spears in half.
- Cut a couple of broccolini stalks in half.
- Slice a large mushroom.
- Dice the red and green capsicum
- Finely dice the red onion, radish, and fennel and mix with black peppercorns which have been ground in a mortar with a pestle.
- Heat up a frying pan and begin cooking the vegetables except for the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Once the vegetables are softish clear half the frying pan and add some Queensland nut oil to the pan.
- Put the salmon in skin side down and put a lid on for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn the salmon and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon to rest and add in the leftover gravy and stir through the vegetables along with the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Serve everything in the frying pan on a dinner plate and add the salmon on top.