Yesterday, I used my slow cooker to cook two beef cheeks. I enjoyed one last night and saved one for tonight.
- Leftover slow cooker beef cheek
- Precooked carrot, celery, and onion cooked with Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat a toaster-oven to about 150 °C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Lay the refrigerated beef cheek on the baking sheet.
- Next to the beef cheek lay down some precooked carrot, celery, and onion.
- Add in some old and overripe cherry tomatoes (rather than throw them away and wasting them).
- Cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the toaster oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a dinner plate.
- Season with freshly ground whole black peppercorns (in a mortar with a pestle).
The beef cheek was exquisitely tender and tasty.