Today was pretty good. I had one teleconference which I could do from home and then there was just a bunch of e-mails to read and answer and other documents to work on.
For dinner, I had a slab of pork belly and some red cabbage to enjoy.
- Pork belly
- Iodised salt
- Red cabbage
- Sometime during the morning, unwrap the slab of pork belly and dry off the skin with a towel.
- Rub some iodised salt into the skin of the pork belly slab.
- Put the slab of pork belly on a rack and back into the refrigerator uncovered.
- When it’s ready to start preparing dinner, remove the pork belly slab out of the refrigerator and wipe down the skin again to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Slice some red cabbage and put it into a baking tray. Add a splash of water and a knob of butter.
- Put the pork belly on the rack on the baking tray and put it into an oven at 250 °C.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 250 °C.
- After 25 minutes, reduce the temperature down to 200 °C and cook for a further 25 minutes.
- At the end of the second 25 minute period, remove the pork and red cabbage from the oven.
- Transfer the red cabbage to a dinner plate and then add the rectangular prism of pork belly on top of the red cabbage.
Please leave a comment