This soup is a bit of a cheat and is a quick way to make a tasty pumpkin soup on a weeknight.
All you need is a pumpkin, some Thai curry paste, and some coriander (if you can tolerate it).
- Butternut pumpkin (diced)
- Iodised salt
- Thai curry paste
- Coriander (¼ cup)
- Dice a butternut pumpkin or buy a ready diced packet from the supermarket
- Boil a saucepan of water with some iodised salt
- Added the diced butternut pumpkin and cook until the pumpkin is soft
- Add a tablespoon of Thai curry paste
- Add ¼ cup of coriander leaves and stalks and roots
- Blend with a stick blender or in a fair dinkum blender
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves
Coriander is a herb you love or hate I think. I know many people hate it and describe the taste in various ways including like eating soap.
I love the taste of coriander and I find that while leaves are the most commonly used part and if you want to impart a more intense flavour I suggest finely chopping the roots and stalks and adding them.