- Scotch fillet steak
- Lurpak™ butter
- Potato mash (frozen)
- Baby green peas
- Iodised salt
- Freshly ground whole black peppercorns (in a mortar with a pestle)
- Garlic powder
- Season the steak with salt and garlic powder.
- Seal the steak in a vacuum bag.
- Heat the water bath to 54 °C.
- Insert the bagged steak into the water.
- Cook for 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Put the bagged steak into the refrigerator to cool down.
- Cook the peas with microwave radiation.
- Cook the potato mash with microwave radiation.
- Mix chives into the potato mash.
- Remove the steak from the vacuum bag.
- Dry the surface of the steak with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Sear both sides of the steak in a hot frying pan and add some thyme and butter and baste for a minute and allow the butter to brown.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes.
- Dissect away the spinalis dorsi from the longissimus dorsi. Place the longissimus dorsi into a Tupperware™ container and refrigerate.
- Slice the spinalis dorsi.
- Put the potato mash onto a dinner plate and lay the slices of spinalis dorsi over the potato mash and place the baby green peas next to the potato mash.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Eat with chopsticks.
Please leave a comment