- Salmon (skin on)
- Turkish bread
- Queensland nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Plain flour
- Egg (beaten)
- Kale sprouts
- Queensland nut oil
- Iodised salt
- Rip apart some stale Turkish bread into small chunks.
- In a food processor add the bread, almonds, Queensland nuts, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese to make a crumb.
- Coat the salmon fillet with plan flour and then wash through the beaten egg. Coat the salmon with the crumb and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Put the raw crumbed salmon into the refrigerator to allow the crumb to set firmly to the salmon.
- In a mixing bowl add some kale sprouts and squirt some Queensland nut oil onto the kale sprouts and season with some iodised salt. Toss the kale sprouts in the mixing bowl to get a good covering of oil and salt on the kale sprouts.
- Heat up the oven to 180 °C.
- Take the raw crumbed salmon out of the refrigerator and put the oiled and seasoned kale sprouts on the baking sheet next to the salmon. Add some balsamic glaze to the kale sprouts.
- Put the salmon and kale sprouts into the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the salmon and the kale sprouts and allow the salmon to rest for a few minutes before placing the salmon and kale sprouts on a dinner plate and serving.
While I’ve been keen to remain on the low carb wagon, I thought about this recipe for a long time and wanted to give it a go.
It was delicious.
This is a gallery. Click on one and scroll through the others.