My friend GC mentioned she was making soup this evening too and she had some nice fresh Italian bread from her bakery.
It got me thinking that this stew would go well with some nice crusty bread and Lurkpak butter. So as the stew was close to finished cooking, I ran out and bought a loaf of bread.
- Lamb forequarter chops
- Dried herbs
- Whole black peppercorns
- Hot chilli flakes
- Vegetable stock
- Red wine
- Brown the lamb in a hot frying pan and keep the rendered fat for the Fast Slow cooker.
- Dice/chop/slice the leek, carrot, and celery and put into the Fast Slow cooker and turn on the sauté function and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add in a good helping of dried Italian herbs, red hot chilli flakes and whole black peppercorns (if you like your stew cum soup peppery, make it a generous amount).
- Pour in two cups of vegetable stock and one cup of red wine.
- Stir everything to get all the vegetables, red wine, and stock all mixed together.
- Layer the lamb forequarter chops on top and seal the Fast Slow cooker.
- Turn it on and cook for six hours.
- After six hours, turn off the Fast Slow cooker and remove the lid.
- With a slotted spoon remove the lamb and set it aside in a bowl. Remove the muscle from the bones and discard the bones. Keep the muscle meat warm. Make sure all the bones are removed from the Fast Slow cooker.
- With a stick blender purée the liquor to a smooth soup consistency.
- Aliquot some into containers for refrigeration and portion muscle meat into each and then refrigerate.
- Pour the remaining soup into a bowl with the remaining muscle meat.
- Garnish with some sour cream.
- Put a couple of slice of bread into the toaster and lightly toast so the Lurpak butter would spread more easily.
Enjoy an amazing Irish stew turned soup.
Eggs Benedict with avocado
I went out to Ricardo’s for breakfast today. It was good to get out.
I went for a walk instead of eating lunch.
Greater sulphur-crested cockatoo
New safety glove
I also bought a new safety glove to ensure I don’t remove anymore flesh and lose too much blood.
Please leave a comment