The Random Yummy podcast is now available in the Apple Podcast App, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Anchor.fm Please subscribe.
- Scotch fillet steak
- Black pepper
- Iodised salt
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Season the scotch fillet steak with iodised salt.
- Seal in a vacuum bag.
- Cook sous vide at 57 °C for 2 hours.
- Remove the steak from the vacuum bag and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet and sear the steak with butter and garlic.
- Season the cooked steak liberally with black pepper while the steak rests.
- Serve the steak with an avocado cheek, some halved cherry tomatoes, and a dollop of sour cream.
Working from home COVID-19 life lunch. Truffle cheddar cheese, pickled onion cheese, salted caramel nuts, Nutella, Mayver’s peanut paste, Bartlett pear, and Pink Lady apple.
Thoughts on this steak dinner
I used a new water bath and stand tonight. The old water bath had developed a small crack.