It’s Monday, that means salmon for me.
- Pomegranate arils
- Red onion
- Lime juice (3 tablespoons)
- Fish sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Icing sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Warm water (1 tablespoon)
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to a high temperature so when you splash a little water on it the water vaporises immediately.
- Add a little high vapour point oil and brush over the surface of the hot skillet.
- Lay the salmon on the skillet skin-side down and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift and flip the salmon and cook on the other surfaces.
- Allow the salmon to rest.
- Add a little Queensland nut oil and fry the scallops gently.
- Shave the fennel bulb with a mandolin while wearing a safety glove.
- Shave some red onion with a mandolin while wearing a safety glove.
- Whack a pomegranate to get the arils out. Avoid wearing a white T-shirt while doing this. If you have no concerns about how you look, wear an apron.
- Coarsely chop some parsley and mint leaves.
- Put all the salad stuff into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the icing sugar and warm water and then add in the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Dress the salad.
- Transfer the salad to a dinner plate and then lay the salmon and scallops next to the salad.
Please leave a comment