I had another good day at work. I love that I work with great people. I still had some things to work on from home so I needed something that I could just put in the oven while I worked.
- Pork belly strip
- Iodised salt
- Finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup Frozen greens (broccoli, peas, and beans)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cherry tomatoes
- Heat the toaster oven to as hot as it will get.
- Wrap the pork belly strip between two metal knives and bind with cooking string.
- Dry the skin with kitchen paper.
- Season with salt.
- Cook for 40 minutes in the hot oven.
- Heat a non-stick skillet.
- Lubricate the skillet with some Queensland nut oil or any other high smoke point oil.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion until the onion becomes translucent.
- Toss in a cup of frozen greens.
- Cook until the greens are soft.
- Add in a teaspoon of strawberry jam and a teaspoon of butter and incorporate into the onions and greens.
- Turn off the heat after the butter and jam have melted and dissolved.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper.