I’m really enjoying these prepared pieces of southern fried chicken thigh. I buy them as a two-pack. Back in the day, I’d eat both in one sitting. Now, what I should do is cut each piece in half and keep half for lunch the next day.
If you haven’t tried using a mortar and pestle to pound your black whole peppercorns, I highly recommend it. It’s like the pepper sings in your mouth.
- Southern fried chicken thigh piece
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sweet potato cross trax
- Black whole peppercorns
- Iodised salt
- Queensland nut oil
- Heat an oven to 200 °C for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken on a rack over a baking tray.
- Put the sweet potato on a lined baking sheet.
- Put the chicken and sweet potato into the oven for 30 minutes, turning over the chicken and the sweet potato halfway through.
- Squirt some Queensland nut oil over the broccolini and rub it all over the broccolini.
- Put the broccolini in the oven on the same lined baking sheet as the sweet potato when it’s time to turnover the sweet potato and cook for 15 minutes.
- For five minutes extra cook the chicken with some mozzarella added on top.
- Season everything with freshly ground peppercorns which have been smashed in a mortar with a heavy pestle.
Please leave a comment