I indulged in a tuck shop lunch today of hot chips. To balance that indulgence I went with a meal in my fast slow cooker. Pork belly with some sliced cabbage is quick easy and tasty.
- Pork belly strip
- Chicken stock, 1 cup
- Red cabbage, thinly cut strips
- Drumhead cabbage, thinly cut strips
- Black whole peppercorns, freshly ground in a mortar with a pestle
- Coconut milk
- Curry paste
- Cut the pork into bite-sized chunks.
- Boil some water and add a sachet of instant noodle chicken flavouring to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Slice the red cabbage and drumhead cabbage into thin strips.
- Grind the black whole peppercorns in a mortar with a pestle.
- Put the pork, stock, and cabbage into the cooking vessel along with another cup of water.
- Cook for 10 minutes and allow the pressure to release unaided.
- Remove everything from the cooking vessel into a bowl.
- Decant into a deep skillet and bring to the boil.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk.
- Season with the pepper.
- Eat with chopsticks and a spoon.