It’s Friday and I worked from home today. The last few Fridays I’ve been making a pizza for tea so I thought I would try to keep this going. Given I was home I figured I’d caramelise some onions in the slow cooker.
- Water, 200 mL
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Iodised salt, 1 teaspoon
- Caster sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Plain flour, 375 g
- Tandaco™ yeast, 1 sachet
- Tomato paste, enough to smear over the pizza base
- Mozzarella cheese, enough to spread over the pizza base
- Semi-dried basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Spinach leaves
- Slice a few onions put them into a slow cooker along with some olive oil and butter.
- Cook for 6 hours.
- Transfer the onions to a skillet and simmer until the water evaporates and the onions begin to stick to the skillet.
- Add some balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan and cook until everything is sticky.
- In a bread maker, add water, olive oil, salt, sugar, flour, and yeast. Knead and prove for 50 minutes in the machine.
- Split the dough in two and put one half in a container and refrigerate.
- Heat an oven to as high as it will go.
- With a rolling pin roll out a pizza base.
- Smear tomato paste over the raw pizza base.
- Lay some mozzarella out on the pizza base.
- Scatter some semi-dried basil over the pizza base.
- Tear the bocconcini balls and artistically place them over the pizza base.
- Place the caramelised onion between the pieces of torn bocconcini.
- Scatter sliced mushrooms and spinach leaves.
- Put the pizza into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Try to only eat half, fail and eat it all and feel satisfied.
Please leave a comment