So there was a little work today but I managed to get in a couple of nice walks.
- Beef cheeks
- Beef stock
- Iodised salt
- Barbecue sauce
- Red cabbage
- Red onion
- Pomegranate arils
- Continental parsley
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Iodised salt
- Brown sugar
- Slice the leeks, carrots, and celery and put them into the cooking vessel of the Fast Slow Cooker.
- Season with a teaspoon of iodised salt.
- Add in 2 cups of beef stock.
- Add in ½ cup of barbecue sauce.
- Carefully put the beef cheeks in at the end. They’re slippery buggers so don’t drop them.
- Seal the Fast Slow Cooker and select the slow cooker function and cook for 8 hours.
- At the end of the 8 hours, remove the lid from the Fast Slow Cooker and transfer the beef cheeks to a bowl being careful because after 8 hours the muscle fibres will be tender and may begin to separate as you lift them out. The weight of the muscle being enough to create holes and tears in the muscle.
- Cover the meat with aluminium foil to keep the meat warm.
- When you’re ready to plate up, slice a cheek and put the rest into the refrigerator.
- Strain the cooking liquid with a colander.
- Transfer the cooking liquid to a saucepan and boil it to reduce to a sauce.
- Shred the carrot, red cabbage, red onion, and fennel.
- Chop the parsley.
- Put everything on a mixing bowl along with a teaspoon of brown sugar and salt.
- Add a good dollop of kewpie mayonnaise and mx everything together.
- Leave the pomegranate arils to the end to add.
Please leave a comment