While cooking salmon sous vide isn’t necessarily quick and easy, tonight I didn’t want to fuss too much about the vegetables so I used some frozen peas.
- Queensland nut oil
- Iodised salt
- Black whole peppercorns
- Frozen baby green peas
- Dried porcini mushrooms
- Sweet sherry
- Dijon mustard
- Brine the salmon with ice-cold water and salt for a few hours.
- Dry the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Vacuum bag the salmon.
- Cook in a water bath for 40 minutes at 50 °C.
- Remove the salmon from the bag and pat the salmon dry.
- Get a skillet really hot and sear the skin.
- Set aside the salmon to rest.
- Rinse some dried porcini mushrooms in water.
- Soak the rinsed dried porcini mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes and keep the water
- Put some frozen baby green peas into a hot skillet.
- Add in the mushrooms and the mushroom water.
- Once the peas are cooked through add in a little sweet sherry, a small knob of butter and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Add a little cream and stir through to create a little sauce with the peas.
- Season with salt and pepper and fresh basil leaves.
Please leave a comment