It’s Monday so that means salmon. I cooked it sous vide again too.
- Iodised salt
- Black whole peppercorns
- Red cabbage
- Curry paste
- Coconut cream
- Fish sauce
- Lime juice
- Brine the salmon with ice-cold water and salt for a few hours.
- Dry the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Vacuum bag the salmon.
- Cook in a water bath for 40 minutes at 50 °C.
- Remove the salmon from the bag and pat the salmon dry.
- Peel the skin off and put it into the oven for 15 minutes at 200 °C.
- Flake the salmon.
- Shred the red cabbage.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and then sauté the red cabbage.
- Pour in a small tin of coconut cream and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add in a tablespoon of curry paste and stir it through the coconut cream and red cabbage with some fish sauce too.
- Once the coconut cream has thickened turn off the heat and add in the flaked salmon and some lime juice.
- Garnish with something green and maybe add a cherry tomato.
Please leave a comment