It’s Sunday night, and I’ve cooked some salmon and served it with creamed kale with a like Dijon flavouring.
- Iodised salt
- Kale (washed)
- Dijon mustard
- Cooking sherry
- Cherry tomatoes (washed)
- Put the salmon into a container, add a handful of salt, cover with cold water, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Wash and rinse the salmon in tap water and dry with absorbent paper.
- Seal the salmon in vacuum bags.
- Cook sous-vide (under vacuum) for 40 minutes at 50 °C.
- When the salmon has finished cooking, remove it from the bag and then peel off the skin.
- Put the skin on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes in a hot oven to get it crispy.
- In a skillet add some Queensland nut oil and turn the heat up.
- Sauté the shredded kale until it wilts and add a glug of cooking sherry.
- When the alcohol has boiled off, add a dollop of Dijon mustard and then a good glug of cream and stir through.
- Add the cherry tomatoes at the end.
- Serve everything on a dinner plate which has been warming on top of the water bath.
If you make this, please let me know.