Sous vide salmon with curry coconut cream frozen vegetables.
Yesterday, I brined, and then cooked fillets of salmon sous vide (under pressure). I ate one piece of salmon last night and left the other fillet for tonight.
- Salmon cooked sous vide
- Red cabbage
- Baby green peas
- Coconut cream
- Cooking sherry
- Curry paste
- Turn on the oven to about 250 °C and remove the skin from the cooked salmon.
- Pit the skin on a lined baking sheet and dry the surface with some absorbent kitchen paper.
- Season the skin with some iodised salt and put the salmon skin into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Shred some cabbage and sauté in some Queensland nut oil in a hot skillet.
- Once the cabbage has softened, add in a cup of frozen baby green peas.
- Once the peas are hot, splash in some cooking sherry and cook off the alcohol.
- Stir in a tablespoon of curry paste and get all the vegetables coated.
- Add in some continental parsley leaves.
- Pour in some coconut cream and bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to simmer and reduce.
- Put the cold salmon into the skillet and break it up into chunks.
- Turn off the heat and allow the heat to penetrate the salmon.
- Serve in a bowl and add the crispy salmon skin on top.
- Add a few cherry tomatoes to the bowl too.
If you make this, please let me know. Thank you.