Fusion duck and penne pasta
Rather than go and buy noodles, I thought my duck and laksa-paste flavoured soup would work just as well with penne pasta.
- Sous vide duck breast
- Penne pasta
- Spring onions
- Laksa paste
- To maximise the resistant starch content, I cooked the pasta at lunchtime. I drained it and put it into the refrigerator until I needed it.
- I cooked the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- I cooked this yesterday, and you can find the recipe and full story on the blog.
- I took the refrigerated duck breast out of its vacuum bag, dried the duck with absorbent kitchen paper, and then sliced the cold duck meat thinly.
- I cut up some spring onions cutting the white parts at an angle for that fancy look and cutting the green parts to form fine rings.
- I boiled some water and added a tablespoon of laksa paste, and stirred it through.
- I then added in the cold penne pasta and allowed the pasta to warm through.
- I turned off the heat and mixed through the spring onion and sliced duck meat.
How to eat this
- Eat this meal from a bowl with chopsticks and a spoon.
How do you feel about combining a laksa flavour with penne pasta?