- Pressure cooker
- Stick blender
- Water bath
- Water heater/circulator
- Chicken thigh and drumstick
- Spring onion
- Maggi original seasoning
- The night before place the chicken into a vacuum bag and add some Maggi original seasoning. Seal the bag and put it into the refrigerator.
- The following day, cook the chicken for 2 hours at 76 °C.
- Open the bag and put the chicken into a bowl and pour the cooking liquor into a jug.
- Pull the meat and skin from the bones.
- Dice a Kent pumpkin leaving the skin on the flesh.
- Peel a rhizome of ginger with a spoon and finely dice it.
- Peel a shallot and finely dice it.
- Place the pumpkin into the pressure cooker.
- Add the ginger and shallot.
- Pour in the chicken cooking liquor and add water to just cover the pumpkin.
- Seal the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 45 minutes.
- When the pressure in the pressure cooker equals the pressure outside, open the lid.
- Put the chicken meat into the centre of a soup bowl.
- Season the soup with MSG and pepper and process with a stick blender.
- When the soup is smooth, spoon it into the bowl with a ladle around the chicken.
- Garnish the soup with slices of spring onion.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Eat with a spoon.