I’ve been in a bit of a funk, so I’m cooking a steak tonight.
- Water heater circulator
- Water bath
- Frying pan
- Bone in ribeye steak
- Frozen peas
- Frozen corn kernels
- Dry the surface of the steak with absorbent paper.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak in a bag and vacuum seal it.
- Cook the steak at 55 °C for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the bag and dry the surface with absorbent paper.
- Sear the steak in a hot frying pan with some butter.
- Allow the steak to rest until it’s ready to slice.
Peas and corn
- Begin to heat the frying pan, which was used to sear the steak. The butter in the pan will help add flavour to the peas and corn.
- Place some frozen peas and corn into the frying pan.
- Add in a bit of water which will boil and turn to steam.
- When the peas and corn are soft, turn off the heat, and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Cut the bone away from the muscle meat.
- Dissect the deckle meat from the eye fillet.
- Place the steak onto a dinner plate for presentation noting that I’ll gnaw on the bone tonight. Place the eye fillet into a container for refrigeration and eat later.
- Spoon the peas and corn next to the steak.
- Pour any melted butter over the steak.
- Eat with a steak knife and fork. Gnawing the bone can be done like a pre-industrial revolution human.
In my opinion this is comfort food.
Please leave a comment