It’s Boxing Day here in Australia.
After yesterday’s gluttony, I’m trying to be a little more sensible.
- Chicken thigh (crumbed or, as they say in North America, breaded)
- Lettuce leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lubricate a hot frying pan with some butter and vegetable oil.
- Lay the chicken into the pan and turn it over every minute or so until the temperature of the meat is about 76 °C.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add some lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, and sliced cucumber in a small bowl.
- Season the salad with salt and drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Move the chicken to a dinner plate.
- Eat the salad and chicken with a knife and fork.
- Enjoy some ice cream, custard, and granola for dessert.
I enjoyed the leftover crumbed chicken for breakfast with a steamed egg, wilted spinach, and cheese.