Tonight, it’s a simple roast chicken maryland with vegetables.
I prepared the chicken in the morning by unwrapping it, sprinkling some coarse salt on the skin, and putting the chicken into the refrigerator uncovered. This should dry the skin before putting it into the toaster oven.
This recipe also used frozen vegetables for convenience. This is a lazy meal.
- Wireless meat thermometer
- Toaster oven
- Chicken maryland pieces. I cooked two. One for tonight and one for tomorrow for a cold chicken salad.
- Frozen vegetables. I have chosen peas, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Instant gravy
- Dry brine the chicken by drying the skin and seasoning it with salt.
- Leave the chicken uncovered in the refrigerator (preferably overnight, but eight hours should be sufficient).
- Heat the toaster oven to 200 °C.
- Place the chicken on a rack and insert the wireless thermometer.
- Place the frozen vegetables next to the chicken.
- Set up the wireless thermometer application and cook the chicken according to the application aiming for an internal temperature of 76 °C.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the toaster oven and allow it to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, make the instant gravy.
- Serve the chicken, vegetables, and gravy on a dinner plate.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Eat with a knife and fork.
Chicken maryland. In Australia, chicken maryland refers to a cut of chicken. It is the thigh with the drumstick attached. I am aware chicken maryland has a different meaning in the United States of America.