I had an awful lunch. The only thing available at the tuck shop was a bagel with smoked salmon. It looked old, and it had been refrigerated for a long time.
The bagel was dense and getting soggy.
I wanted something light for dinner, so I cooked a steak and had some lettuce with it.
- Water bath
- Water heater/circulator
- Scotch fillet steak
- Garlic powder
- The night before, dry the surface of the steak and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Place the steak on a rack and refrigerate it overnight to dry brine.
- About two hours before dinner, put the steak in a vacuum bag and cook the steak for one hour and forty minutes at 52 °C.
- Remove the steak from the bag and dry the surface.
- Sear the steak in a hot frying pan.
- Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes.
- While the steak is resting, prepare the lettuce leaves.
- Cut the deckle meat (spinalis dorsi muscle) from the fillet and place it on a dinner plate.
- Refrigerate the fillet meat for another meal.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Eat steak and lettuce.
Please leave a comment