If you follow Yummy Lummy, you’ll know I’ve started the CSIRO Total Wellness Diet.
Tonight, I’m enjoying fillet steak and kale slaw.
I prepared tonight’s steak last night by bulk cooking four steaks in a water bath for 2 hours at 52 °C.
- Fillet steak (100 g)
- Hoisin sauce (20 g)
- Pre-mixed kale slaw (70 g)
- Tomato (105 g)
- Light mayonnaise (20 g)
- Coat the steak with the hoisin sauce and put it into a vacuum bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag.
- Cook the steak for 2 hours at 52 °C.
- Remove the steak from the bag and dry the surface of the meat.
- Sear the steak quickly in a ripping hot pan.
- Put the kale slaw into a bowl with the tomato which as been quartered.
- Toss the salad with the mayonnaise.
- Serve the steak and salad on a dinner plate.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Eat with a knife and fork.
1.7 Meat and Protein, 0.1 Bread and Cereals, 0.6 Vegetables, 0.1 Dairy, 0.2 Healthy Fats and Oils, 0.1 Indulgences, 1293 kilojoules, 38 g protein, 6 g fibre, 13 g carbohydrates
Please leave a comment