Laksa-flavoured leftover pork knuckle meat with coconut creamed rice and a side of broccoli
- Leftover pork knuckle meat
- Coconut cream
- Lime leaves
- Laksa paste
- Lemongrass paste
- Spring onion
- Broccoli florets
- Thinly slice some leftover pork knuckle meat.
- Crush some lime leaves in your hands to release the oils and aroma of the lime. If you don’t have strong hands (like me!) you can crush the leaves in a mortar with a pestle or beat them with a wooden stick like a rolling pin.
- Heat a wok and add in some laksa paste, lemongrass paste, and crushed lime leaves.
- Add in a tin of coconut cream and mix everything and bring it to a simmer.
- Cook for a few minutes to ensure the flavours and aromas all intermingle.
- Add in the sliced pork knuckle meat and bring everything to a simmer and keep cooking for a few minutes until the pork knuckle meat is warmed through.
- Stir in some cooked rice and bring it back to a simmer and allow the liquid to reduce and thicken.
- Turn off the heat and mix through the green part of some sliced spring onion.
- Aliquot some of the curry into a bowl and the rest into a container to refrigerate for a meal later in the week.
- Cook the broccoli with microwave radiation.
- Serve the broccoli as a side in the style of my BFF.