I’ve got a few pork sausages left in a packet I bought on the weekend as well as a couple of duck breasts which I cooked on Saturday evening.
I like a curry with coconut cream and this meal was pretty simple to make with a can of coconut cream. I always keep a can in the shelf of shame.
Continue reading “Curry pork sausage and duck breast”
Tuesday tea. Curry chicken and frozen vegetables.
Tonight’s meal is an experiment. I want to cook the chicken thigh with a meat thermometer in a covered frypan with some frozen vegetables.
- Chicken thigh
- Black beans
- Coconut cream
- Curry paste
- In a frypan and laid down some frozen vegetables.
- In a cup of hot water I mixed a couple of tablespoons of red curry paste.
- I poured the curry water into the frypan.
- I inserted the thermometer into the chicken thigh.
- I put the chicken thigh on top of the vegetable layer in the frypan.
- I put the lid on the frypan and turned on the heat.
- I followed the cooking process by monitoring the internal temperature of the chicken.
- My aim was to achieve 76 to 78 °C. When the target temperature was achieved, I removed the chicken to rest and then added coconut cream to the cooked curry vegetables.
- I continued cooking the vegetables until the coconut cream had thickened and the curry past was incorporated into the coconut cream.
- I poured the vegetables into a bowl and laid the chicken thigh on top.
- I ate the meal using a knife and fork. Chopsticks were an option if I dissected the muscles from the femur prior to serving. I didn’t do that.
Listen to the podcast on anchor.fm