I had some leftover pizza sauce and leftover steak from the weekend. I needed to finish everything off.
- Tinned tomatoes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Kalamata olives
- Heat up a non-stick (PFOA-free) skillet to a low to moderate heat and add in some olive oil.
- Sauté some garlic and onion in the oil until the garlic begins to take on some colour.
- Add a tin of tomatoes.
- Add in the capers, kalamata olives, dried oregano, dried basil leaves, and red chilli flakes.
- Season with freshly ground iodised rock salt and black whole peppercorns (ground in a mortar with a pestle).
- Allow the sauce to simmer for about 15 minutes so it reduces a little.
Udon noodles and putting it all together
- Boil some water and cook the noodles for 8 minutes and then rinse in cold water twice.
- Add the noodles to a hot skillet with some olive oil and garlic. Stir in the cold pizza sauce and when that this simmering add in the sliced leftover steak and stir that through.
- Garnish with some cherry tomatoes and fresh basil