The full recipe and story can be found at Yummy Lummy.
- Beef rump roast
- Iodised salt (rock salt)
- Black whole peppercorns
- Instant gravy
- Boiling water
- Frozen vegetables
- Cooking sherry
- Unwrap the beef and dry it with absorbent paper.
- Rub freshly ground salt and pepper (in a mortar with a pestle) all over the meat and fat.
- Let it dry brine in the refrigerator uncovered for up to 24 hours.
- When it’s ready to cook dinner turn on the toaster oven and heat it to 180 °C.
- Insert the wireless meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Cook the meat until the centre reaches 57 °C for a medium rare cook.
- Remove the roast from the toaster oven and brown the fat with a torch.
- Allow the meat for rest somewhere warm.
- Boil a kettle of water.
- Add a tablespoon of instant gravy powder into a mug and have a small whisk ready.
- Pour in the boiling water and whisk until the gravy is thick and to your liking.
- Toward the end of the beef cooking period heat up a skillet and add a little Queensland nut oil and butter and then some frozen vegetables of your choosing.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Splash in a little cooking sherry and cook off and then add in a dash of cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Plating up bit
- With a sharp knife, slice the beef rump roast and keep aside enough for lunch meat.
- Put the sliced beef on the dinner plate and add the vegetables.
- Spoon the gravy over the meat and vegetables.