Have you ever mixed chicken and Spam together? It’s a great combination. To keep it healthy, I added kale (cooked in butter).Continue reading “Pan-fried deboned chicken thigh and drumstick with Spam, mushrooms, and kale”
It’s worrying me that on getting home these days all I want to do is prepare something simple which will cook and allow me to answer more work e-mails.
- Chicken thigh and chicken drumstick
- Frozen peas and corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Remove the drumstick from the thigh.
- Remove the femur from the thigh.
- Remove the tibia and fibula from the drumstick.
- Layout and flatten the thigh and drumstick meat onto a rack.
- Boil a kettle and then pour boiling water over the skin side of the chicken.
- Dry the surface of the chicken.
- Put some frozen peas and corn into a baking tray.
- Put some cherry tomatoes into a baking tray.
- Lay the chicken thigh and drumstick flesh on top of the corn and peas.
- Put the baking tray into an oven and turn it on to 200 °C for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the baking tray and remove the chicken pieces to a plate to rest.
- Transfer the peas, corn, and tomatoes to a dinner plate.
- Lay the chicken on top.
I got home late after some last minute e-mails. I got home and saw that I had pork belly, broccolini, asparagus, and corn in the refrigerator.
I put it all on a baking tray and into an oven at 200 °C for 45 minutes while I did more work e-mail.
Happy Canberra Day. It’s Monday, I have salmon for dinner.
- Salmon fillet skin on
- Red capsicum
- Green capsicum
- Red onion
- Whole black peppercorns
- Queensland nut oil
- Leftover gravy from last night’s tea
- Cut a couple of asparagus spears in half.
- Cut a couple of broccolini stalks in half.
- Slice a large mushroom.
- Dice the red and green capsicum
- Finely dice the red onion, radish, and fennel and mix with black peppercorns which have been ground in a mortar with a pestle.
- Heat up a frying pan and begin cooking the vegetables except for the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Once the vegetables are softish clear half the frying pan and add some Queensland nut oil to the pan.
- Put the salmon in skin side down and put a lid on for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn the salmon and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon to rest and add in the leftover gravy and stir through the vegetables along with the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Serve everything in the frying pan on a dinner plate and add the salmon on top.
So, I’m slowly recovering from the #ManFlu and I thought a slowly cooked lump of lamb would be ideal.Continue reading “Slowly cooked lamb leg with kale, peas, corn, and tomatoes plus gravy”
No added salt you read. Yes, well while Yummy Lummy is not the place to share my personal health status, it’s not a secret that I have mild hypertension which is managed with medication.
Read the long version and the reason for the no added salt at Yummy Lummy.Continue reading “No added salt roast pork belly and vegetables”