Mmm… pork belly
Tonight I cooked a couple of strips of pork belly in the toaster oven and mixed the fatty crunchy pieces of pig flesh with a salad highlighting Kensington Pride mango, lime zest, lime juice, fennel, and radishes.
- Sliced radish
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced fennel
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped parsley
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Pork fat
- Pork belly
- Iodised salt
- Kensington Pride mango
- Dry the surface of a couple of strips of pork belly with paper kitchen paper.
- Place the strips on a rack and put the rack on a baking tray.
- Place the pork belly into the toaster oven which has been preheated to 200 °C (392 °F).
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- While the pork belly is cooking get out your trusty mandolin and slice some radish, red onion, and fennel.
- Chop some coriander (also known as cilantro in some countries) and continental parsley.
- Remove the zest of a lime.
- Remove the juice of a lime.
- In a bowl add the slices of radish, red onion, and fennel. Also add the lime zest and lime juice. Mix in a pinch of iodised salt.
- When the pork has finished cooking remove the pork to rest on a cutting board.
- Pour the rendered pork fat into the mixing bowl with the salad elements.
- Mix the rendered pork fat through.
- Cut the pork belly into small cubes.
- Dice the mango and add to the bowl.
- Add the chopped coriander and parsley to the salad bowl.
- Toss in the cubes of pork belly and mix through.
- Transfer everything to a bowl and eat with chopsticks.