Doing teleconferences from home today.
This sandwich is the bomb. I mentioned this as an option last night when I cooked a piece of Coles southern fried chicken thigh.
- Coles southern fried chicken thigh burgers
- Cole Pane Di Casa
- Red cabbage
- Red onion
- Drumhead cabbage
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Mersey Valley pickled onion cheese
- Lurpak butter
Coles southern fried chicken
- Heat an oven toaster or even a full oven to 200 °C (or 180 °C if the oven is fan-forced).
- Place a rack over a baking tray and lay a piece of the chicken thigh on the rack.
- Put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over halfway through.
- If all goes well, the chicken will be golden in colour.
- Slice the red cabbage and drumhead cabbage with the mandolin while wearing a safety glove.
- With a vegetable peeler, create thin slices of carrot.
- Slice the red onion with the mandolin while wearing a safety glove.
- Chop the parsley and mint with a sharp knife.
- Put the red and drumhead cabbage, carrot, red onion, parsley, and mint into a mixing bowl and mix through a large squirt of kewpie mayonnaise.
- Butter the butt.
- Add some cheese.
- Add some coleslaw.
- Lay the chicken on the coleslaw.
- Butter the top.
- Add some cheese to the buttered top.
- Put the top on the chicken.
- Tie the sandwich together to secure it when you grill it with cooking twine.
- Spread mayonnaise on the outer surface of the butt.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet until it gets close to smoking hot.
- Add a little high smoke point oil to the skillet. I use Queensland nut oil.
- Lay the sandwich into the cast-iron skillet butt down.
- While the sandwich is grilling, spread mayonnaise on the outer surface of the top.
- Once the butt is golden brown and crispy, turn the sandwich over and cook the top until it too is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet and put it on a plate and cut it in half.
- Add the rest of the homemade coleslaw to the plate.
- Eat that sandwich and savour every morsel of this heavenly sandwich.
- You won’t regret this sandwich.
- It’s so good.