The full recipe can be found at Yummy Lummy.
- Eye fillet steak
- Iodised rock salt
- Black whole peppercorns
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- McCain frozen chips
- Get the butter to room temperature.
- With a fork mix in the crushed garlic and dried oregano.
- Form a disc in the bottom of a bowl and refrigerate until it’s time to plate up.
Sous vide steak
- Remove the steak from the packaging.
- Trim the fillet and bind the muscle fibres with some cooking twine.
- Grind some rock salt and whole peppercorns in a mortar with a pestle. Once the salt and pepper have been coarsely ground add in some garlic powder and mix.
- Season the steak with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Seal the steak in a vacuum bag.
- Cook in a water bath at 57 °C for 2 hours.
- Remove the bagged steak from the water bath and then remove the steak from the bag.
- Dry the surface of the steak with absorbent paper.
- Sear the steak in a cast-iron skillet.
- Dry the surface of the scallops and sear in a hot skillet.
- McCain SuperFries
- Cook according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Once the chips are cooked put them into a large metal mixing bowl.
- Using microwave radiation melt the butter an mix in some crushed garlic.
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the hot chips a little bit at a time and toss the chips at the same time.