Tonight’s blog post on Yummy Lummy features a prawn scallop and speck fried cauliflower rice with mushrooms recipe.
The Random Yummy podcast is now available in the Apple Podcast App, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Anchor.fm Please subscribe.
- Ready ‘riced’ cauliflower rice
- Soy sauce
- Queensland nut oil
- Spring onions
- Red onion
- Whole black peppercorns
- Cut some speck into cubes.
- Slice some spring onions.
- Slice some red onion.
- Slice some mushrooms.
- With a nice heavy pestle in your dominant hand grind the black peppercorns to a rough coarse texture in your mortar.
- In a hot frying pan fry up the speck to render out the fat.
- Cook the speck until it has changed colour to a golden brown but not burnt.
- Toss in the prawns and cook until the prawns change colour to red.
- Toss in the scallops and fry up with the speck and prawns until the surface of the scallop meat begins to whiten.
- Transfer the speck, prawns, and scallop meat to a bowl and leave the pig fat in the frying pan.
- Toss in the sliced mushrooms and some of the spring onions and cook until soft.
- Keep some of the spring onions aside for the final garnish.
- Add a splash of sherry and keep the mushrooms and spring onions moving in the frying pan.
- While the mushrooms and spring onions are absorbing the sherry and pig fat, cook the cauliflower rice using microwave radiation according to the instructions on the packet of cauliflower rice.
- Once the cauliflower rice has been cooked, toss it all into the frying pan and combine the cauliflower rice with the mushrooms and spring onions.
- Add a good splash of soy sauce and stir through.
- Add in the speck, prawns and scallop meat and combine everything.
- Transfer everything in the frying pan to a bowl.
- Garnish with the coarse pepper and spring onions.
- Eat with chopsticks 🥢 in support of oppressed Chinese Australians who are suffering racist side looks and shade from ignorant arseholes who assume everyone who looks Chinese is infected with SARS-COV-2 and has COVID-19.
Please leave a comment