Beef sausages and avocado salad
I had three thick beef sausages left from the packet I opened last night. I bought some mushrooms this afternoon on the way home from work.
- Beef sausages
- Spring onions
- Queensland nut oil
- Cos lettuce
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Cooking sherry
- Heat up a frypan.
- Cook the snags with the lid on the frypan for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the snags.
- Squirt in some Queensland nut oil and add sliced mushrooms and chopped spring onions.
- Sauté the mushrooms and spring onions until soft.
- Add a small knob of butter and the snags into the frypan with the mushrooms and spring onions, put the lid on the frypan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and the snags and add a splash of cooking sherry and cook off the alcohol.
- Add a little cream, turn off the heat, and stir to make a simple mushroom sauce.
- While the snags, mushrooms, and spring onions are in the frypan, shred some cos lettuce, halve some cherry tomatoes, remove the juice and zest from the lime and mix with some olive oil to make a salad and dressing.
- Dice an avocado and toss the salad. Do not look up toss the salad in Urban Dictionary.
- Put the snags on a dinner plate, pour over the mushroom sauce and put the salad on the spare space on the plate.