The Random Yummy podcast is now available in the Apple Podcast App, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Anchor.fm Please subscribe.
Well, today I had a big lunch. I went out with a fellow consultant and our trainees to a local Chinese restaurant, viz., Garran Kitchen. We had duck, bean curd with chicken, pork, and beef.
Tonight I wanted something light but rather than just stick a chicken thigh in the oven I thought I’d play with my meat first.
Deboned chicken thigh rolled around Spam with a drumstick and extra Spam.
- Chicken thigh
- Frozen peas and corn
- Open a tin of Spam and cut off a baton or two.
- I had dry brined the chicken overnight and the skin was dry to touch.
- I trimmed off the excess skin and carefully dissected out the femur.
- I then rolled the thigh meat around a baton of Spam and tied it up with some cooking twine.
- I cooked it using a meat thermometer aiming to achieve an internal temperature of 76 °C.
- Boil a mug of water and stir with a teaspoon of Vegemite.
- Cover frozen vegetables with the Vegemite water and heat in a saucepan until the water boils.
- Turn off the heat and drain the vegetables.
- I served this with some frozen vegetables which I’d cooked in Vegemite water.
Please leave a comment