Sous vide salmon with Dijon creamed baby green peas
- Cooking salt (iodised)
- Baby green peas (frozen)
- Dijon mustard
- Brine the salmon in ice-cold water with a handful of salt and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Vacuum seal the salmon and then cook sous vide (under vacuum) for 40 minutes at 50 °C.
- When the salmon is cooked, open the bag and gently peel off the skin.
- Place the skin on a lined baking sheet and put into a hot oven (240 °C) for about 10 minutes to make the skin crispy.
- While the salmon skin is cooking, boil some water in a saucepan and then add a cup of frozen baby green peas and bring the water back to the boil.
- Turn the heat off and wait for the peas to become tender.
- Drain the peas and put them back into the saucepan and turn the heat back on and add a small knob of butter.
- Then stir through some Dijon mustard and cream.
- Serve everything on a dinner plate which has been warming on the water bath.