Tonight I had a choice between leftover sous vide kangaroo and Spam. I don’t love kangaroo meat. I do like Spam a lot.
- Spring onion
- Red chillies
- Peanut oil
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Dice the fennel and shallots; slice the coriander roots and stalks; mince the garlic and ginger, and slice the spring onion whites.
- For garnish, slice the spring onion greens and red chilli. The coriander leaves are also a great garnish.
- Dice the Spam.
- Julienne the carrot and daikon.
- Shred and cross-shred the cabbage.
- Heat a wok and add some peanut oil and sesame oil.
- Stir-fry the aromatic ingredients.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir-fry the Spam until it gets some colour and a bit of a crust.
- Transfer the Spam to a bowl and stir-fry the carrot, daikon, and cabbage.
- When the carrot, daikon, and cabbage soften, add the MSG plus the aromatics and Spam.
- Add the rice and remove the clumps by pressing down with a spatula.
- Squirt soy sauce around the sides of the wok. This heats on the way down into the rice.
- Toss the wok.
- Turn off the heat and mix through the garnish vegetables.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Give thanks to the Lord.
- Eat with chopsticks and a spoon.
If you like stories with a recipe, check out the food blog Facebook has banned at YummyLummy.com.
- The rice should be cold and cooked within the last 24 hours. Ideally, it should be dry, so the grains fall apart.
- King of flavour
Please leave a comment