Have you ever mixed chicken and Spam together? It’s a great combination. To keep it healthy, I added kale (cooked in butter).Continue reading “Pan-fried deboned chicken thigh and drumstick with Spam, mushrooms, and kale”
It’s worrying me that on getting home these days all I want to do is prepare something simple which will cook and allow me to answer more work e-mails.
- Chicken thigh and chicken drumstick
- Frozen peas and corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Remove the drumstick from the thigh.
- Remove the femur from the thigh.
- Remove the tibia and fibula from the drumstick.
- Layout and flatten the thigh and drumstick meat onto a rack.
- Boil a kettle and then pour boiling water over the skin side of the chicken.
- Dry the surface of the chicken.
- Put some frozen peas and corn into a baking tray.
- Put some cherry tomatoes into a baking tray.
- Lay the chicken thigh and drumstick flesh on top of the corn and peas.
- Put the baking tray into an oven and turn it on to 200 °C for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the baking tray and remove the chicken pieces to a plate to rest.
- Transfer the peas, corn, and tomatoes to a dinner plate.
- Lay the chicken on top.
I came home early today. I’ve got ManFlu. I went to bed last night feeling a little under the weather. I’d had a poor sleep the night before and I wasn’t sure if I had an infection or if I was just over tired.
I woke up this morning with a headache and while at work developed a sore throat, rhinorrhoea, and a cough. Now I feel febrile.
I reckon I’ll be working from home tomorrow.Continue reading “Chicken and vegetables”
Came home and didn’t feel much like cooking so I removed the bones from a chicken thigh and drumstick and put them into a baking tray. To that I added a piece of cauliflower plus some cherry tomatoes. I seasoned everything with iodised salt and black peppercorns which I’d ground in a mortar with a pestle.
I served it with an avocado cheek.
Last night I oven cooked a chicken thigh, tonight I pan-fried a deboned chicken thigh and deboned drumstick.Continue reading “Pan-fried chicken thigh with creamy peas and cherry tomatoes”
Last week I learnt that if I put some baby green peas in a baking tray and put a piece of deboned chicken thigh on top I end up with some peas which remain green and soft and some peas which go brown and crunchy.
I really enjoyed both textures.Continue reading “Chicken, cheese, peas, and corn”
I had a busy and longish day. I knew on coming home I’d be working into the evening, and I just didn’t feel like cooking so I went to Jamison Takeaway on the way home.
Normally I have very good experiences with Jamison Takeaway but tonight I was disappointed. I mean, I was happy with the potato scallops and seafood salad. There were as I expected. What I found disappointing was that I asked for a thigh quarter and the person behind the counter ignored my request and gave me a breast. I hate breasts. I really do. I love thighs. Give me thighs over breasts any day.Continue reading “Takeaway chicken, potato scallops, and seafood salad”