Have you ever mixed chicken and Spam together? It’s a great combination. To keep it healthy, I added kale (cooked in butter).Continue reading “Pan-fried deboned chicken thigh and drumstick with Spam, mushrooms, and kale”
It’s worrying me that on getting home these days all I want to do is prepare something simple which will cook and allow me to answer more work e-mails.
- Chicken thigh and chicken drumstick
- Frozen peas and corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Remove the drumstick from the thigh.
- Remove the femur from the thigh.
- Remove the tibia and fibula from the drumstick.
- Layout and flatten the thigh and drumstick meat onto a rack.
- Boil a kettle and then pour boiling water over the skin side of the chicken.
- Dry the surface of the chicken.
- Put some frozen peas and corn into a baking tray.
- Put some cherry tomatoes into a baking tray.
- Lay the chicken thigh and drumstick flesh on top of the corn and peas.
- Put the baking tray into an oven and turn it on to 200 °C for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the baking tray and remove the chicken pieces to a plate to rest.
- Transfer the peas, corn, and tomatoes to a dinner plate.
- Lay the chicken on top.
I got home late after some last minute e-mails. I got home and saw that I had pork belly, broccolini, asparagus, and corn in the refrigerator.
I put it all on a baking tray and into an oven at 200 °C for 45 minutes while I did more work e-mail.
Happy Canberra Day. It’s Monday, I have salmon for dinner.
- Salmon fillet skin on
- Red capsicum
- Green capsicum
- Red onion
- Whole black peppercorns
- Queensland nut oil
- Leftover gravy from last night’s tea
- Cut a couple of asparagus spears in half.
- Cut a couple of broccolini stalks in half.
- Slice a large mushroom.
- Dice the red and green capsicum
- Finely dice the red onion, radish, and fennel and mix with black peppercorns which have been ground in a mortar with a pestle.
- Heat up a frying pan and begin cooking the vegetables except for the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Once the vegetables are softish clear half the frying pan and add some Queensland nut oil to the pan.
- Put the salmon in skin side down and put a lid on for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn the salmon and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon to rest and add in the leftover gravy and stir through the vegetables along with the red onion, radish, and fennel and black peppercorns.
- Serve everything in the frying pan on a dinner plate and add the salmon on top.
Pan-fried Spam with melted Mozzarella on a Coles Cheesy Vegemite Scroll
Happy Canberra Day
It may surprise some people but I am not the only fan of Spam in Canberra. I have a friend who is a photographer and blogger who loves Spam. She posted on Facebook a photograph of a tin of Spam with a comment that while other commodities are flying off the shelves Spam hasn’t. I made a similar observation on the weekend too.Continue reading “Canberra Day Australian Spam “Musubi””
So, I’m slowly recovering from the #ManFlu and I thought a slowly cooked lump of lamb would be ideal.Continue reading “Slowly cooked lamb leg with kale, peas, corn, and tomatoes plus gravy”